Sunday, February 28, 2016

Reflexology


I've gone for three one-hour sessions of reflexology on my feet and calves. The first session was a learning experience to learn about where placement on your feet is connected to parts of your body.  Master Hung  doesn't really tell you "now I'm touching your kidney, your liver", he just kind of gives you a summary things like this is where the center of your body is your balance.  This visit I actually asked to touch his hands after he was done and I was really surprised that his hands were not callus, his hands are not heavy  they were very soft and light which is surprising considering the amount of strength that is in them and how they yield the excruciating pain that they provide in my feet.  I'm not kidding, now after three weeks you would think that I would start to get used to the pain, but no. I know the pain is coming at a certain point because I know when he's going to get to the center of my foot and it's almost as if there's a ball in my foot and his thumb and knuckles have found the ball and decide they want to play soccer.

My friend Lilliane and I go to reflexology together and we try to have a conversation the beginning of the session and pretty much five minutes into the session each of us have clenched our teeth and a few ouches and awes in pain have been voiced from each of us, but theses masters of reflexology don't flinch, they keep going. There are a couple of breaks for sure but it is definitely not a relaxing pedicure session.

 This reflexology session we also decided to have a 30 minute back massage. Now my neck is always been a little tense, more so the last few years however, now I have another area of pain that Master Hung has decided to inflict on me.   Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining! I am just communicating the sessions that I am experiencing.

 Truthfully, I actually know that the reflexology is working when we leave the sessions it's amazing how flexible and light you feel - my feet feel absolutely amazing like I could walk a marathon. So, I'm going to keep going !

No comments:

Post a Comment